Monday, January 28, 2013

Red, Aqua & Black Color Combo Challenge

This card is being entered in Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combo Challenge #133 using the colors red, aqua and black.

I have to say this is definitely not my favorite color combo. I had a very hard time with it. I found some printed paper that had all  3 colors then it was a matter of figuring out the matting. I used a die to cut out the candles then I embossed them and inked the edges although that doesn't show very well. I used stickles on the flames. The black is very sparkly glitter paper. The Happy Birthday sentiment is from SP & Company Round Sentiments I stamp set.  The card definitely looks much better in person. I hope my stepson likes it!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Nannette,
    Great card! Love the sparkle on your candles. Thanks for visiting me today!

    Enjoy your day!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I love the embossing on the candles :)

    ReplyDelete